This post follows up on the tech tip I recorded for Episode 281 of the Just the Books podcast.
Three things you must do before you upgrade WordPress
- Check out the master list before you upgrade.
- Review your backup. Make sure it is complete and not corrupted.
Resources for WordPress Upgrade information
- Release Notes. There is a summary highlight of key features at the top and additional detail as you read on.
- Sucuri Blog
- Everything WPCandy knows about the new version
- TechnoSailor’s 10 things you need to know
- Lorelle on Changes to the Media Manager
- Finally, Trac for the WordPress release. This is technical and not for the faint of heart or new-to-code.
If something does go wrong, please don’t panic. There are simple steps to take to if an update goes awry.